We support local businesses and understand their importance to the community.
The Stonnington FoodSafe Program was developed as a way to support local traders and encourage all business owners to maintain the highest standards in food safety and hygiene.
About the FoodSafe Program
FoodSafe assessments take place unannounced every year in conjunction with your annual inspection. An Environmental Health Officer assesses the business based on its compliance with the Food Standards Code and the Food Act 1984.
Standards for recognition
To be an eligible FoodSafe recipient, a business must:
- be a Class 1 or 2 food premises within the City of Stonnington
- achieve a rating of 91% or above in the Stonnington FoodSafe assessment
- have no critical food safety issues identified during the inspection
- have a qualified Food Safety Supervisor
- have had no failed food samples or justified serious complaints in the preceding 12 months
The program is free of charge.
You can also view the current list of FoodSafe Recipients .
For more information about the FoodSafe Program, please contact us to speak with an Environmental Health Officer:
Office hours: Monday to Friday between 8.30am – 5pm
Phone: 8290 3393