Advertising Boards on Council Open Space
The placement of temporary advertising signs on Council Open Space (i.e. parks and reserves) by approved local non-profit community groups and sporting clubs for the promotion of community events held within Stonnington requires a permit.
Apply for a permit
Application for advertising on Council open space(PDF, 37KB)
When applying, please ensure you:
- provide a completed application form
- agree to comply with the Stonnington footpath trading and awnings policy 2013(PDF, 1MB) and advertising on council open space policy(PDF, 54KB)
- provide a copy of current public liability insurance policy with minimum cover of $10,000,000
If approved, the permit will be sent via mail.
Approved locations for community signs
Locations for the placement of community signs are available at the following sites only:
• Central Park(PDF, 58KB)
• Chadstone Park (Percy Trevaud)(PDF, 43KB)
• Como Park(PDF, 48KB)
• Kooyong Park(PDF, 37KB)
• Malvern Gardens(PDF, 60KB)
• Orrong/Romanis Reserve(PDF, 51KB)
• Sir Robert Menzies Reserve(PDF, 57KB)
• Waverley Park(PDF, 68KB)
- The sign to be situated no more than 1.5 km from the proposed sign location.
- The sign is not to be displayed for more than three weeks before the event and must be removed within three working days of the conclusion of the event.
- Only one sign can be placed at each location.
- An organisation can only place a total of two signs at different sites at any one time.
- If there is more than one applicant for the same location, the first applicant meeting the above criteria will be granted approval.
- Advertising of open days and enrolments are not considered to be community events and will not be granted permission.
- Approval is not required for Council owned signs.
Fee and Lodgement
There is no fee applicable.