Press Release | 22 September 2017
Nominations for the Victorian Young Achiever Awards are now open, providing a great opportunity to see local young achievers being recognised.
The City of Stonnington Mayor, Cr Jami Klisaris encourages all residents to nominate a local young person for the Victorian Young Achiever Awards.
Mayor Klisaris said, “The Victorian Young Achiever awards are a wonderful opportunity to acknowledge, encourage and most importantly promote the positive achievements of all young people. Here in Stonnington we have a vibrant community and I would encourage Stonnington residents to nominate a local young person up to and including 29 years of age and make their day!”
Nominations are being sought in the following categories:
- Bartercard Online Achievement Award
- Saward Dawson Community Service and Social Impact Award
- The Victorian Government Group Achievement in the Community Award
- The Coffee Club Arts and Fashion Award
- Berry Street Create Change Award
- Academy Graphics Regional Achiever Award
- Kangan Institute Inspirational TAFE Student Award
- Royal Flying Doctors Service Victoria Regional and Rural Health Award
- First National Real Estate Leadership Award
The Awards will culminate with a Gala Presentation Dinner on Friday 18 May 2018 at Flemington – The Event Centre.
Category winners will each receive $1,000 into an account in their name from Bank of Melbourne; a $1,000 Bartercard Account and a fantastic trophy. One of the ten category winners will be chosen as the Victorian Young Achiever of the Year and will receive a $2,000 flight voucher from Jetstar and a state trophy.
To submit a nomination, simply go online to awardsaustralia.com/vicyaa and click ‘Nominate Now.’
Nominations close on 18 December 2017. For assistance, please contact the Awards Office on 9720 1638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org