Alfresco: Social Support
Alfresco is available for:
- people aged 55 years or older
- people living independently with a disability
There is no assessment required for this service.
Alfresco offers a range of social opportunities including:
- indoor and outdoor activities
- healthy living programs
- outings and day trips
- short holidays (3-5 days)
- special events (Seniors Festival, Christmas Celebrations, concerts/performances, dances, Council’s summer events and other celebrations).
Activities are organised at a variety of locations such as community centres, cinemas, libraries and other venues.
Indoor activities are regularly run at the Chris Gahan Centre (50 Grattan Street, Prahran) every week day, except Tuesday.
Centre Based Meals are also offered at the Chris Gahan Centre, so participants are welcome to stay for lunch.
Community Transport Services are available to most events and activities, however seats are limited.
What’s on this month - Alfresco August 2018
For more information on what’s happening, download the latest Alfresco Magazine(PDF, 4MB):
Alfresco August 2018
If you would like to attend an Alfresco activity or event, please contact us to book a place.
Office hours: Monday to Friday between 8.30am - 5pm
Phone: 8290 1333
Email (general enquiries): firstname.lastname@example.org
Email (confidential LGBTI enquiries): email@example.com