The City of Stonnington provides quality care and education for children aged three months to five years. At each of our sites we embrace the individuality of each child and family, and provide learning experiences that foster independence and a sense of connectedness within the community.
We offer a range of education and care options that provide families with choice and flexibility, reliability and affordability. These include long day care, occasional care and three–five year-old kindergarten services.
Our aim is to provide:
- a range of affordable, high quality education and care options to meet needs of parents who live, work or study in the City of Stonnington
- high quality care, as defined by Australian Government standards
- a program that is culturally sensitive developmentally appropriate, and based on the individual needs of children and the diversity of families
- practical support for families supporting parents as contributors to the program
- a safe, happy, stimulating and aesthetically pleasing environment
- a service that is cohesive, efficient and financially viable, while meeting regulatory requirements and funding guidelines
City of Stonnington’s Early Years Services value and respect children and families as individuals, and will provide nurturing, supportive, welcoming, safe and secure enviroments for children to learn, grow and belong.
- We believe that the family is the most important relationship for the child.
- We work in partnership with families to support children's learning, development and wellbeing.
- We respect the choices that each family makes, acknowledging their culture, religion and beliefs.
- We provide services that are reflective of diversity and culture and believe our programs are enriched by the differences that make us a community.
Our role is to provide high quality, child safe and accessible services to meet the needs of the community and support educators with the knowledge, education and tools to undertake their valuable role.
We have four Council-owned and operated centres based in Stonnington.