Edwardian, Interwar and Californian Bungalows Neighbourhood Character Overlay
Amendment C217 applies the Neighbourhood Character Overlay to six areas that present a consistent and identifiable character. The areas of special character affected by Amendment C217 are:
Edwardian & Interwar:
- John Street & Boardman Street, Malvern East
- Kenilworth Grove and Glentilt Road, Glen Iris
- Manning Road Area, Malvern East (incorporating part of Manning Road, Ash Grove, Oak Grove and Beech Street)
- Macgregor Street Area, Malvern East (incorporating Macgregor Street, Wilmot Street, part of Hughes Street and Maroora Street)
- Boston Avenue Area, Malvern East (incorporating Boston Avenue, Washington Avenue, part of Wattle Grove and part of Livingstone Road)
- Sycamore Street Area, Malvern East (incorporating Sycamore Street, part of Sutherland Street and part of Paul Street)
The Amendment also applies the following changes to the Stonnington Planning Scheme:
- For areas of significant character within the General Residential Zone inserts a new Schedule 14.
- For areas of significant character within the Neighbourhood Residential Zone applies Schedule 4.
Planning Panel Hearing and Report
A Panel Hearing to consider submissions and the Amendment was held over two days on 1 - 2 December 2015.
Council received the Panel Report on 12 January 2015. In its report, the Panel has recommended that the Amendment should be adopted as exhibited subject to one change to the boundary of the Sycamore Street NCO area.
The Panel Report can be accessed under the Documentation area.
At its meeting on 22 February 2016, Council considered the recommendations of the Panel and resolved to adopt the Amendment with changes.
Amendment C217 came into effect on Thursday 30 June 2016 when notice of its approval was published in the Victorian Government Gazette.
The approved Amendment documents can be found under the Documentation area of this page.
Any enquiries about the Amendment should be directed to Strategic Planning on 8290 1395 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
C217 Approved Documents