Can't find it?
If you can't find the item you are looking for in our catalogue, you can either
Request an item not held
It's helpful if you can provide as much information about the item as possible, such as title, author, ISBN, publisher, publication date and series title.
Place a request here.
What happens after you submit your request?
If the library is able to purchase the item, we'll reserve it for you and you’ll receive an email or a letter once it’s available.
If we are unable to purchase your item, we'll add a message to your library account.
Members of the Stonnington Library and Information Service may request an Interlibrary Loan through LibraryLink Victoria (LLV).
LLV provides library borrowers with a single point of access to search the catalogues of Victorian Public Libraries, State Libraries, and Victorian-based Universities.
**Please note that Interlibrary Loans placed from 1st July 2017 will incur a fee.**
From another public library $5.00
From a State, Academic or Special Library $16.50
- Only items not found in the Stonnington Library catalogue may be requested, please check our catalogue before placing an Interlibrary Loan request.
- Stonnington Library has no control over what other lending libraries may or may not lend, their response times or loan conditions.
- The maximum number of Interlibrary Loan requests per borrower is ten (10).
- It is possible to request AV material, with a limit of five (5) CDs and five (5) DVDs per borrower.
- Interlibrary Loans may not be renewed.
- We will attempt to obtain your item from another public library, however, in the event that it is only available at a State, Academic or Special library, we will contact you before proceeding with the request.
- Fees apply to all Interlibrary Loans placed from 1st July 2017:
> From another public library $5.00
> From a State, Academic or Special Library $16.50
- You will be liable for the Interlibrary Loan charge on any item allocated for you, even if you do not collect it. Let the library know if you wish to cancel an Interlibrary Loan.
- Overdue items will incur overdue fees.
- Charges for damaged or lost items, are set by the lending library.
- Late or non-return of an Interlibrary Loan, may result in the suspension of this service.
Continue here to place an Interlibrary Loan request through Library Link Victoria.
Borrowers can check the progress of their Interlibrary Loan by logging into LibraryLink Victoria, using their full Stonnington Library card number and Password, then clicking on My Requests.
To receive email alerts regarding the progress of your requests, logon to LibraryLink Victoria, under My Account click on Account Details > Edit > Add your email address.
Please avoid duplicating your requests.