Home Library Service
Stonnington Library + Information Service provides free deliveries of library materials to members of our community who are physically unable to visit our libraries.
We are able to provide a personalised home delivery service once every three weeks.
Our expert staff will consult with you about your choice of materials, to suit your individual reading, listening and viewing interests.
Phone: 8290 8011
Who can use our service?
- Residents of the City of Stonnington who are unable to visit our libraries due to age, frailty or disability;
- Residents of the City of Stonnington who are temporarily unable to visit our libraries due to illness or injury;
- Residents of aged care facilities or assisted living accommodation;
- Carers may also be eligible.
You may borrow items for a period of 3 weeks. All items may be renewed twice if they haven’t been reserved by others; this may be done online or by phoning the Home Library Service.
Items may also be reserved. For more information about accessing our collections, please speak to our staff.
Materials will be delivered to your home every 3 weeks. Any items for return will also be collected at this time.
Our extensive collections include:
- Fiction and non-fiction books in large print and regular print format,
- Audio books, CDs and DVDs,
- Books, CDs and DVDs in other languages, including Chinese, French, Greek, and Russian
- Downloadable audio books and music
Becoming a volunteer
Become a Home Library Service volunteer and make an important contribution to our community.
We require volunteers to deliver library materials to aged care facilities located in the City of Stonnington.
Volunteers will receive training and ongoing support. Volunteers must hold a current driver licence and undergo a police check.
If you would like to become a volunteer, please contact the Home Library Service.