Stonnington Library & Information Service: Public Computer and Internet Conditions of Use
Public computer and Internet users must abide by the following policies and guidelines.
The library reserves the right to terminate and/or suspend the public computer and Internet access privileges and/or the borrowing privileges of any person breaching these Conditions of Use and any Council policy regarding them.
- Users must be members of the Stonnington Library service. Computer usage is limited to 2 hours per person per day.
- Users are responsible for abiding by copyright and all other applicable Federal,
State and Local laws, and library policies and regulations.
- The library is a public place and Internet/computer use must meet general community standards.
- Users must not access illegal, inappropriate or offensive material.
- Users under the age of 18 years must carry, and show when requested, a signed Internet authorisation membership card or be supervised by their parent/guardian.
- Users are not permitted to load software onto library computers, or to make changes to PC settings or hardware.
- Users must keep to specified booking time and PC allocations.
- On Walk-Up PCs, users must not have consecutive logins if another person is waiting.
- Printing and/or downloading must be completed before the end of each session.
- The library reserves the right to check any user’s use of its computers and their use of internet access including a user’s data transmissions, both sent and received, when any member of the library staff reasonably suspects that a user is or may be in breach of these Conditions of Use.
- Bookings are essential for all 2 hour (120 minutes) PCs.
- Self-bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance, for a maximum of 2 hours per day.
- Users must abide by the time limit of the booking.
- Bookings may be cancelled after 10 minutes if a user does not arrive on time.
- Charges are made for printing.
- Printing is available on paper supplied by the library.
- Documents sent to the printer may be visible to other users.
- The user acknowledges that his or her use of the computers and the internet is carried out entirely at the user’s risk. The City of Stonnington is not responsible for any loss or damage occurring from the use of this resource, including accuracy or content of web sites, technical difficulties, service interruptions, loss or corruption of data or the transmission of computer viruses.
- The library service cannot vouch for or take responsibility for the information retrieved.
To accept these conditions and book a computer, select one of the links in the right hand column or from those below:
Book a PC at Malvern
Book a PC at Phoenix Park
Book a PC at Prahran
Book a PC at Toorak/South Yarra
Toorak/South Yarra Library will be closed for improvement works from 2 July until 2 October 2018.