1000 Books Before School
Register now for this fun literacy program for babies and young children!
Sharing stories with babies and young children helps develop literacy skills that will prepare them for reading at school.
Register for 1000 Books Before School to start your reading adventure!
How 1000 Books Before School works
- Register at any Stonnington Library to receive your first Reading Record and reading kit to get you started. A library membership is required to join the program.
- Mark, colour or place a sticker on your Reading Record each time you read together with your child.
- Each time you reach a milestone in your Reading Record, bring it in to your local library for a special reward. Milestones are set at 100, 250, 500, 750 and 1000 books.
- Every book that your child completes, or actively listens to, counts – this includes stories read at Storytime sessions, daycare, playgroup, kindergarten, as well as the same book over and over again. You can read books from anywhere – not just library books.
- The program finishes once your child reaches 1000 books, or starts school. Congratulations!