A range of dictionaries, encyclopaedias and reference texts to assist with your research needs.
You may require your library card number (2002900xxxxxxx) and password to access some eReference products. Forgot password?
An online genealogy research database. Users have access to a tool designed specifically for genealogical and historical research. Some resources from Australia, NZ and the UK are also included.
Please note: Access is available only from Library PCs
Covering prehistory through to the 1500s. Includes coverage of eight civilizations - ancient Egypt, ancient Mesopotamia, ancient Greece, ancient Rome, ancient and medieval Africa, medieval Europe, the Americas, and ancient and medieval Asia.
Australasian magazines, newspapers, and reference books.
Titles include: Choice Magazine, The Age, The Sunday Age, The Herald Sun, Sunday Herald Sun, The Australian, and The Australian Magazine.
Business publications, economics journals, leading management and marketing journals. Access detailed company profiles for the world's 10,000 largest companies.
The online version of the Encyclopedia Britannica, plus journal articles and interactive features.
Access and read a broad selection of full-text reference books.
Health and medical journals, pamphlets. As well as health-related videos and articles from general interest publications and reference titles.
From the 1450s through to the present. Entries combine to provide a detailed and comparative view of the people, places, events, and ideas that have defined modern world history.
Gale Primary Sources
Cross-search the library's collection of historical newspapers:
- 17th and 18th Century Burney Collection
- 17th and 18th Century Nichols Collection
- 19th Century British Library Newspapers Part 1-5
- 19th Century UK Periodicals Parts 1 & 2
- The Times Digital Archive 1785-2006
- The Sunday Times Digital Archive, 1822-2006
- Times Literary Supplement Historical Archive 1902-2007
- Daily Mail Digital Archive 1896-2004
- The Independent 1986-2016
- Illustrated London News 1842-2003
- Punch Historical Archive 1841-1992
- The Telegraph Archive
Explains important developments in biology, chemistry, the environment, space, physics, and technology.