C186 - Increase to Public Open Space Contributions
The City of Stonnington has prepared Amendment C186 to the Stonnington Planning Scheme.
The amendment applies to the whole municipality of the City of Stonnington and will apply to all non-exempt residential, mixed use, commercial and industrial subdivisions.
The amendment proposes to increase the public open space contribution rate that currently applies to subdivisions.
Specifically, the amendment proposes to:
- Replace the Schedule to Clause 52.01 Public Open Space Contribution and Subdivision with a new Schedule that specifies a flat rate of an 8% levy on all non-exempt subdivisions.
- Amend Clause 21.02-01 (Natural environment and open space) to:
- vary a strategy which seeks opportunities to improve open space, to add reference to public open space contribution plans and acquisition strategies; and
- insert an implementation action to use the Schedule to Clause 52.01 to specify the amount of contribution for public open space for specified subdivisions.
- Amend Clause 21.06 (List of Reference Documents) to insert a new reference document titled "Assessment of Mandatory Open Space Contributions, SGS Economics and Planning, July 2013".
- Delete Clause 22.01 Open Space Policy and amend Clause 22 to remove reference to the deleted policy.
Exhibition of the Amendment commenced on 14 November 2013 and closed on 20 December 2013. The exhibited Amendment documents can be found in the Documentation area on the right hand side of this page (under C186 Exhibited Documents).
In total Council received 14 submissions in response to the Amendment C186.
Following the close of the exhibition period, a report will be prepared for Council to consider submission, if required, to request an independant Panel to consider the amendment and submissions.
A report is anticipated to be taken to a Council meeting in February 2014.
Any enquiries about the amendment should be directed to Alastair McKenzie on 8290 1325.