Establishing an Economic Recovery Committee was endorsed by Council on Monday 15 June. This committee will work with business leaders to make smart decisions with long term benefits.
The committee will identify and implement strategies and plans to achieve key recovery goals. This may include new and re-focused grant streams as well as targeted programs, partnerships and advocacy to:
- increase visitation and encourage return of customers to existing businesses
- attract new businesses and employees to Stonnington
- enhance business capability to attract, connect and service customers
- increase locally based procurement
- enhance Stonnington partnerships and industry strengths
- support mental health and resilience of business owners
- support the arts and cultural industry to provide safe, engaging events and activities.
This information will be updated regularly as members of the Economic Recovery Committee are confirmed and work gets underway.