Changes to parking restrictions
COVID-19 UPDATE: Temporary changes to parking restriction enforcement and car park fees
As a result of the Victorian Government reintroducing stay-at-home restrictions for six weeks from Thursday, 9 July 2020, we have introduced temporary easing of some parking restrictions and waived fees at some Council car parks.
Until further notice, the following changes to parking restrictions apply:
- Street sweeping parking restrictions WILL NOT be enforced.
- Parking restrictions of 1-hour or more will be given a 30 minute grace period.
- Parking restrictions of less than 1-hour will be enforced as normal.
Please note: Parking restrictions such as No Stopping, Loading Zone (red signs) WILL BE enforced.
Council car parks
Until 30 September 2020 parking fees will not be required at the following pay and display car parks:
- Caroline Street south (36-38 Caroline Street, South Yarra)
- Darling Street (3-7 Darling Street, South Yarra)
- Murphy Street (13-17 Murphy Street, South Yarra)
- Powell Street (55 Powell Street, South Yarra)
Payment will still be required at the following pay on exit car parks:
- MacFarlan Street, South Yarra
- King Street, Prahran
- Prahran Square
- Elizabeth Street, South Yarra (Prahran Market)
For more information visit our Parking page.