Temporary Food Business Permit

If you're planning to operate a food truck or van, sell or serve food at a community event, festival, market or fete, or hold a sausage sizzle, you need to apply online for a Temporary Food Business Permit through FoodTrader.

Fee exemptions apply for non-profit organisations, community groups and registered food businesses. You'll need to provide a copy of your Certificate of Registration with your application.

If your temporary food business is part of an event, you may need an Event Permit.

If you're not sure what permits you need, use our Permit Finder.

Apply for a permit

Required documents

If you have one, you will need to provide a copy of your Food Registration with your application.

Food street stalls

This permit does not cover opening a food street stall.

However, you will need a permit to cook on a public footpath. For more information, contact us.