Temporary food business

If you're planning to operate a food truck or van, sell or serve food at a community event, festival, market or fete, or hold a sausage sizzle, you need to register your food business with FoodTrader.

Fee exemptions apply for non-profit organisations, community groups and registered food businesses. You'll need to provide a copy of your Certificate of Registration with your application.

If your temporary food business is part of an event, you may need to apply for an Event Permit.

If you're not sure what permits you need, use our Permit Finder