How you can support local businesses
COVID-19 has had a huge impact on our community and local small businesses. Now, more than ever, it is important that we get behind them.
Our support local guide features businesses still open within the Victorian Government's restrictions, as well as businesses who have adapted to operate online. Contact businesses directly for operating hours as these may have changed.
How to safely support local
In some settings, wearing a face mask is still required. If you are within these settings, please wear a face mask, use hand sanitiser and follow social distancing.
Visit the Visit the Department of Health and Human Services for more information on when to wear a mask.
If you are out shopping please wear a face covering, use hand sanitiser and follow social distancing.
Other options to support local businesses:
- Purchase gift cards and maintain paid memberships
- Follow businesses on social media to hear about their new offerings
- Check to see if they offer takeaway, delivery or online shopping options
- Order from the website or use the delivery service the business recommends
- Sign up for email newsletters and leave positive reviews online or on social media.
Visit our support local guide
Think your business should be listed?
The guide is a work in progress and we're regularly updating it. If you know or own a business that should be listed, let us know via the Add your business link on the guide.