Helping business navigate COVID-19
We are committed to supporting local businesses as we navigate the implications of the COVID-19 public health crisis.
In late-March, Council agreed to a range of initiatives to support our local business community:
- $1m in permit fee refunds
We are refunding eligible businesses their food, footpath trading and health (excluding Category 3) permit fees for the period 1 April to 30 September 2020.
If you believe you're eligible for a refund, apply online. To start, type your business or trading name into the first field then select it from the drop down list. The online form is hosted in a secure environment on the City of Stonnington website.
Please note: Refunds may take several weeks to process.
- Extra investment in marketing and promotion of our precincts during the recovery phase
- Rent relief for food businesses operating within Council buildings.
- Seven day payment terms for suppliers.
- Relaxed enforcement of some parking restrictions until 31 May 2020.
- Fee waiver at some Council owned car parks until 30 September 2020.
- Hotline to help businesses access local, state and federal support services. Call the hotline 8290 3222 or email our Business Concierge service.
- Dedicated Business Resources web page with links to COVID-19 related information and assistance packages.
- Dedicated Food Business web page for information about measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Strengthening our Business Concierge Service.
For more information and support call the business hotline 8290 3222 or visit our Business Resources or Food Business web pages.
Your questions answered
What permit fees are being refunded?
Refunds are available for the following permit fees:
- Food and health registrations (beauty therapy categories 1 and 2 and prescribed accommodation).
- Footpath trading permits:
- tables and chairs
- A-frame board
- queues for licensed venues
- real estate agent signs (pointer boards)
Please note: Permit fees will be refunded for the period 1 April - 30 September 2020.
Can we continue to trade during the period of the refund?
Yes, you can continue trading. Your permit and registrations will be active and valid.
Please view the latest Victorian Government advice and information to help your business deal with COVID-19.
We have multiple permits and registrations at the same address, do we need to complete multiple requests?
No, you only need to complete the form once.
What car parks do customers need to pay to use?
Paid parking still applies at our MacFarlan Street, South Yarra, King Street, Prahran, Prahran Square and Elizabeth Street, South Yarra (Prahran Market) car parks.
We have also relaxed the enforcement of some signed parking across the city:
- No parking (red signs) at schools
- No parking (1-hour) related to street sweeping
- Time limited parking restrictions (green signs)
The relaxation of these restrictions is regularly reviewed and enforcement of all other restrictions will continue.