On Monday 15 June 2020, Council endorsed the establishment of a Community Recovery Committee (CRC), to work with community leaders and experts to make smart decisions with long term benefits.
The committee will identify and implement strategies and plans to achieve key recovery goals, which may include new and refocused grant streams plus targeted programs, partnerships and advocacy to:
- decrease incidence of family violence
- rebuild strength and social connection for older residents
- support our community to reconnect and safely participate in community life
- encourage residents to live actively to improve health and wellbeing
- develop strategies to address homelessness and rough sleeping
- support community members experiencing financial hardship
- re-engage young people with school and learning
- embed tolerance and acceptance
- decrease harm from alcohol, drugs and gambling.
This information will be updated regularly as members of the Community Recovery Committee are confirmed and work gets underway.