Information for community groups and organisations
Adapting volunteer roles at your community group or organisation
Volunteering Australia recommends adapting volunteering roles to minimise or remove face-to-face contact to reduce the risk of infection of COVID-19.
Adjustments to volunteering roles may include:
- Postponing volunteer work that cannot be done safely within COVID-19 requirements
- Moving volunteering online so volunteers can work from home
- Replacing face-to-face contact with telephone contact
- Ensuring volunteers keep a distance of 1.5 metres during instances of face-to-face contact
- Reducing face-to-face contact to less than 15 minutes
The Victorian Government's We Volunteer site connects volunteers with groups and organisations looking for help, groups and organisations can register to be connected with potential volunteers.
Information for volunteers
The Victorian Government has established We Volunteer to connect volunteers with groups and organisations who need help.
This portal provides a platform where people looking for volunteer roles can register their skills and search for roles that meet their interests – with many of these roles able to be performed from home.
Further information for volunteers and community groups and organisations
Volunteering Victoria has published a number of useful resources for both volunteers and volunteer managers.
Justice Connect has published answers to some important questions on managing staff and volunteers during a crisis.
Volunteering Victoria can be contacted on 8327 8500 or email@example.com. DHHS can be contacted on 1300 650 172.