Union Street Gardens
Established gardens featuring shaded playground equipment, a basketball hoop, picnic tables and extensive lawns.
The Union Street Gardens are also home to the Malvern Tennis Centre and a cafe.
Originally the site of a dairy farm and orchard operating from 1859, Malvern Council acquired the land in stages, with the first parcel used as a depot.
Following a petition by ratepayers, Council acquired adjacent land in 1908 to create a public reserve. The children’s playground was opened in 1925, along with the first tennis courts. Further tennis courts and a pavilion were added the following year.
For more information, contact our Stonnington History Centre.
The nearest public transport services are:
Use Public Transport Victoria's Journey planner.
Corner of Union Street and Orchard Street, Armadale 3143 View Map