Waverley Park

View across Waverley Park oval

An oval and landscaped reserve featuring a playground, dog park, and picnic seating.

History

Situated on Crown Land, Waverley Park was reserved as a public park in 1904 by Malvern Council. A swamp was drained from the site in the 1920s and a sports ground and pavilion were developed. Some of the land was set aside as a public golf course, which opened in 1931.

For more information, contact our Stonnington History Centre.

Public transport

The nearest public transport services are: 

  • East Malvern Station on the Glen Waverley line
  • Bus route 612 along Sylvester Crescent

Use Public Transport Victoria's Journey planner.

Location

Corner of Waverley Road and Sycamore Street, Malvern East 3145  View Map

Google Map
Tagged as: