The City of Stonnington holds Citizenship Ceremonies throughout the year, welcoming residents to Australia and into the Stonnington municipality.
If you are considering applying for citizenship, forms are available from your local Post Office. If you wish to make an appointment to lodge your application visit the Department for Home Affairs or call their Hotline on 131 880.
Next Citizenship Ceremony
Sunday 26 January 2020 at 10.00am
The venue is Malvern Town Hall at the corner of Glenferrie Road and High Street, Malvern.
Candidates will be advised in writing by the Department for Home Affairs of their ceremony date. Council will also send a letter to all candidates before each ceremony with useful information to prepare you for the day.
What you need to know about the ceremony
All candidates are advised that:
- doors will open at 6.15pm and registration is open from 6.15pm to 7.00pm
- a photo ID is required - for example, passport, drivers licence
- all candidates are to be seated by 7.15pm in the seat allocated to you during the registration process for 7.30pm sharp ceremony commencement.
Guests are not able to be seated with candidates, but ample seating is available in the Hall. All candidates and guests must be seated by 7.30pm.
The ceremony is followed by light refreshments.
2020 ceremony dates
The remaining ceremony dates for 2020 are:
- Sunday 26 January 2020 ( Note: commencing at 10:00am)
- Thursday 26 March 2020
- Thursday 28 May 2020
- Thursday 23 July 2020
- Thursday 17 September 2020