Adopted Budget 2018/19
The City of Stonnington’s 2018/19 Budget features a comprehensive fully funded capital works program totalling $92 million for community infrastructure.
City of Stonnington Mayor, Cr Steve Stefanopoulos, said, “There is no better time to be living in Stonnington with Council investing its largest ever expenditure on infrastructure projects.”
“This Budget is financially sustainable and ensures the continued delivery of high quality services and a comprehensive capital works and infrastructure maintenance program that brings major benefits to our community,” said Cr Stefanopoulos.
Highlights of the innovative $92 million capital works program include:
- Cato Street redevelopment, Prahran $ 39.0 M
- Road, footpath and drainage works $ 9.2 M
- Open space strategic land acquisition $ 5.0 M
- Prahran Town Hall redevelopment $ 4.6 M
- Harold Holt Swim Centre upgrade $ 3.2 M
- Gardiner Park redevelopment $ 2.6 M
- Dunlop Pavilion redevelopment $ 2.6 M
- Multipurpose sport and recreation facility $ 2.0 M
- Yarra River Bio-Diversity Project $ 1.4M
- Toorak/South Yarra Library air-conditioning replacement $ 1.0M
- Toorak Park Masterplan implementation $ 1.0 M
- Shared paths, bicycle paths and cycling strategy works $ 0.9 M
- Princes Gardens Masterplan implementation $ 0.9M
- Forrest Hill Masterplan implementation $ 0.7M
The budget introduces a 2.25 per cent increase to the average general rate in line with the Victorian Government’s rate capping policy. The average residential rate increase is approximately $31 for the year or 60 cents per week.
Council’s average garbage waste service charge will increase by 7.2 per cent as a result of global pressures causing a significant increase in costs for the collection and processing of recyclables. The average garbage waste service charge increase is $17.40 for the year or 33 cents per week.
View Council's 2018/19 Budget(PDF, 3MB) and Strategic Resource Plan(PDF, 460KB).
Adopted Budget 2017-2018(PDF, 2MB)
Adopted Budget 2016-2017(PDF, 2MB)
Adopted Budget 2015-2016(PDF, 3MB)
Adopted Budget 2014-2015(PDF, 2MB)
Adopted Budget 2013-2014(PDF, 3MB)