Unsightly or Dangerous Premises
The owner and occupier of the land must not cause or allow the land and nature strip adjacent to the land to be kept in a condition which is unsightly or detrimental to the general amenity of the neighbourhood.
Where an authorised Council Officer is of the opinion that any land or nature strip contains any of the following:
- unconstrained rubbish
- an excavation which is not part of current works
- waste material
- vermin and noxious weeds
- unless in accordance with the planning scheme or permit a person must use the land to store, dismantle or break up Motor Vehicles, motor boats, machinery or goods or materials
- unless in accordance with the planning scheme or permit a person must use the land to service or repair any Motor Vehicle (except one which is registered under the Road Safety Act 1986) or motor boat
- repair or service a Motor Vehicle or motor boat
- overhanging or encroaching trees, hedges, plants or vegetation and
- any material or substance on premises that constitutes or is likely to constitute a fire hazard
The Authorised Officer may serve a Notice to Comply on the owner and occupier of the land for the cleaning up, screening, removal or disposal of any material or substance on that premises.