Freedom of Information
Under the Freedom of Information Act, individuals have the right to access particular documents from Council.
Documents Available for Inspection.doc(DOC, 30KB)
Requesting a document
- Requests must be provided in writing.
- A $29.60 fee is to be paid when the request is submitted. Note: the fee may be waived or reduced if the payment is deemed to cause hardship.
- $0.20 for each A4 photocopy page.
- $22.21 per hour or part thereof for search time.
- $5.55 per quarter hour or part thereof for supervised inspection of documents.
- A charge for making a written transcript of a tape, listening to or viewing a tape, or for providing access in a form other than a photocopy.
If access charges exceed $50.00, the FOI Officer will contact the applicant to get approval to proceed. If approved, a deposit is required before the request is continued. Fees and charges may be waived on grounds of hardship. Evidence of hardship must be provided (e.g. current Health Care or Pension card, income details etc).
If Council cannot accept a request, the applicant will be given a reasonable opportunity to consult with Council to try and amend the request so that it can be accepted.
Access will be given in the form of:
- A photocopy.
- Written transcript.
- Viewing images.
Access will be given in the form requested where possible. Exceptions to this are when the form requested will impact on infringement of copyright, document preservation or cause unreasonable interference with the operations of Council.
Applicants will be notified of a decision regarding their request within 30 days from lodgment. However this period may be extended by 15 days if Council is required to consult with third parties.