Obtaining Property Information

Under sub-regulation 51 of the Building Regulations 2018, any person may request information about a property, including:

  • details of any building permits or certificates of final inspection issued in the preceding 10 years - Regulation 51(1)
  • information about the property’s susceptibility to flooding - Regulation 51(2)
  • whether buildings in the area are likely to be subject to attack by termites - Regulation 51(2).

You can apply for this type of information by:

The fees are outlined under Property Information on page two of the fees and charges schedule(PDF, 259KB).

Land information certificates

Land information certificates, as detailed in the Local Government Regulations, provide information regarding:

  • valuation
  • rates
  • charges
  • other moneys owing
  • orders and notices made under the Local Government Act or the Local Law
  • the specified flood level (if any).

Apply for a land information certificate.

Planning certificates

Planning certificates are issued by the Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure (DTPLI). They provide details of:

  • planning instruments affecting a property
  • zoning
  • any other planning controls, such as any heritage controls.

Historical information on land titles

Our history section provides information on the evolution of land titles in Victoria.