Malvern Tennis Centre improvement works
|| Malvern Tennis Centre Improvement Works
|| Malvern Tennis Centre
43A Union Street, Armadale
| Project timeline
|| 15 November 2018 - 28 February 2019
| Council project manager
|| Brian Smith
| Contact phone
|| 8290 1294
| Out of hours contact
|| 8290 1333
| Hours of work
|| 7am to 5pm Monday to Friday
8am to 5pm Saturday
| Expected completion date
|| February 2019
The City of Stonnington is undertaking improvement works to the tennis courts and surrounding facilities at the Malvern Tennis Centre in Union Street, Armadale.
The Malvern Tennis Centre is a valued community and sporting asset, with the improvement works designed to ensure the Centre is enjoyed by the tennis community for years to come.
Construction is due to commence in November 2018 and be completed in February 2019, during which time the courts will be closed. No work will be carried out over the Christmas/New Year period.
Scope of works
Improvement works to the Malvern Tennis Club will include:
- New synthetic playing surfaces, with new nets and line marking, to the Centre's five courts.
- New floodlights with energy efficient, high performance, low spill LED fittings. The new shorter lighting towers and improved lighting will generate less light spill than the existing floodlights, improving the amenity for surrounding residents.
- New, realign southern boundary fence to improve player safety.
- New screen planting to the the northern and western boundary fences.
- Drainage improvements across the site.
Please note: The existing Malvern Tennis Centre footprint and number of courts will not change.
Frequently asked Questions
Will access to the tennis courts be affected?
Yes. The tennis courts will be closed during construction.
Are there alternate tennis courts nearby?
Yes. Tennis courts are available at the Orrong Park Tennis Club, located at the corner of Orrong Road and Sydney Street, Prahran.
Will parking be affected?
Yes. At times throughout construction, plant and equipment will use the Union Street angled parking area. When this occurs, the work zone will be clearly marked.