Permit Requirements

Do you require a planning permit under the Stonnington Planning Scheme?

The Stonnington Planning Scheme controls use and development within the City of Stonnington. It contains state and local planning policies, zones, overlays and other provisions that affect how you can use and develop the land.
You may need a planning permit for:

  • construction and works relating to a dwelling on a lot less than 500 square meters
  • development and use of a multi unit development
  • changing the use of the land
  • constructing, altering or painting a building
  • setting up a new business
  • commencing or expanding a business without sufficient on site car parking
  • carrying out exterior works to a dwelling located within a Heritage Overlay
  • constructing a tennis court or swimming pool
  • applying for a new liquor licence

Please call one of our planners on 8290 3329 to determine whether you need to make an application for a planning permit.


Save time by lodging your planning permit application on-line! Click on the logo wherever you see it to take you straight to ePlanning.