The Classics are back across Stonnington this summer
Music lovers will be able to enjoy free performances from some of Australia’s best loved singers when The Classics concert series returns to Stonnington’s parks and gardens this summer. Comprising of Opera, Broadway and Symphony, join us in 2019 for a three-part series throughout February:
- The Classics: Opera - Victoria Gardens, Saturday 2 February, 7.30pm
- The Classics: Broadway - Ardrie Park, Saturday 9 February, 7.30pm
- The Classics: Symphony - Malvern Gardens, Saturday 23 February, 7.30pm.
Award winning Australian director, Cameron Menzies will bring Puccini’s La Boheme to the stage with an abridged version of this classic opera, performed in the round.
Olivia Cranwell embodies Mimi and Matthew Reardon plays Rodolfo, the two lovers dealing with the harshness of winter and pains of jealousy.
Conductor: Simon Bruckard with a live eleven-piece orchestra.
Production Design: Russell Goldsmith & Carl McKinnon
Host: Mairi Nicolson
A joyous celebration of some of the best new contemporary music, including songs from Hamilton, Billy Elliot, Wicked, Beauty and the Beast and many more.
Hosted by stage and screen star, Rob Mills this night will include performances by Bobby Fox; Lisa-Marie Parker; Simon Gleeson; Chloe Zuel and emerging artist Imogen Spendlove.
Artistic Director: Christopher Parker
Musical Director: Jack Earle with a seven-piece band.
Changed traffic conditions - Repton Road
To minimize impact to resident access and safely manage the parking and traffic flow in the area for the duration of the event, the following changes will be in place:
- Repton Road Street parking reduced to one side only (Eastern side) for 24hrs from 10.30pm Friday 8 February to 10.30pm Saturday 9 February.
- No access/left turn into Repton Road from Dandenong Road, from 4pm to 10.30pm on Saturday 9 February.
- Exit from Repton Road onto Dandenong Road service road will be maintained by traffic patrollers, who will be positioned from 4pm to 10.30pm Saturday 9 February on Repton Road, Ardrie Road, Howard Street and McGregor Street. Traffic patrollers will monitor parking conditions and assist in maintaining access to residential driveways.
Vocal powerhouses Vika and Linda Bull will guest star at this event and perform songs with the Stonnington Symphony Orchestra.
The night will be hosted by Sian Prior with Artistic Director and Conductor Roy Theaker, the Stonnington Symphony Orchestra and orchestral arrangement by Nicholas Buc.
Special thank you to our marketing partners Jellis Craig Armadale.