Watch Around Water
Harold Holt Swim Centre is a Watch Around Water endorsed by Lifesaving Victoria.
Parents or guardians can only supervise up to 4 children under the age of 10, with no more than 2 of these children being under 5 years of age.
If you wish to bring more children than this to the centre please ensure you have a second adult over the age of 16 with you that is prepared to take on the role of a supervisor
For more information, visit Life Saving Victoria.
Supervison During Learn to Swim Lessons
Parents must ensure that children under the age of 10 are adequately supervised throughout their entire stay – including during swimming lessons.
To ensure this, parents are ask to:
- Ensure our supervision guidelines are followed before and after lessons, including being in the water and within arm’s reach of any children under the age of 5.
- Walk your child to their lesson and ensure the swimming instructor is aware of their presence prior to leaving.
- Remain within the centre and easily contactable. This includes not participating in other activities or swimming laps.
- At the end of the lesson collect your child from the swimming instructor or be visible so your child can walk directly to you.
- Children under the age of 5 will not be allowed to leave the swimming instructors care until you arrive – please be respectful of others and arrive on time.