Waverley Park is situated on Crown Land, which was permanently reserved as a public park in 1904 under the control of Malvern Council. A swamp was drained in 1924/25. The Waverley Park sports ground and pavilion were developed in the 1920s, while some of the land was set aside as a public golf course, which opened in April 1931. The Bert Healy Pavilion, which opened in April 1979, was named after Cr Hubert (Bert) T. H. Healy, who served on Malvern Council for 28 years, including four terms as Mayor. Healy was awarded an MBE for Municipal Services in 1981.
For more information, contact our Stonnington History Centre.
Location and Transport
Located on Waverley Road, Waverley Park sits across the road from East Malvern Station, and next to the 612 Bus on Sylvester Crescent.