The Malvern Town Hall and Banquet Hall may be hired separately or together and each venue has its own toilet and entrance facilities.
T: 8290 1213
- Community events
- Birthdays and celebrations
- Small seminars
- Small markets
Capacity and dimensions
120 people for a dinner dance
150 people for a meeting or performance
200 people for a cocktail party
Floor Space: 186 Sq m
Stage - Performance Space Only
Height from Floor: .59m
Side Door entry
June 2019 – July 2020 $942.50
June 2019 – July 2020
Features and facilities
- Seating and tables provided
- PA system featuring two cordless mics, 2 lapel mics, a lectern with gooseneck microphone, data projector and large retractable screen.
- Commercial kitchen available at no additional charge
Driving: During business hours, there are approx 60 car spaces available at the rear of the Town Hall. After hours, there are approx 70 car spaces available. Please note that these spaces are also available to the general public.
Public transport: Trams 69 (Glenferrie Rd) and 6 (High St) provide convenient public transport access. Both Armadale and Malvern train stations connect with theses tramlines.
Provision for unloading and loading is available at the rear of the Banquet Hall.
Disabled access is provided via the main entrance to the venue.
It is a Condition of Hire that at least one Security Guard is in attendance at an evening function and/or when alcohol is being served.
At functions where alcohol is to be consumed, the ratio of Guards to Guests will be 1:100. For functions without alcohol, there will be one Guard on duty. Guards commence duty half an hour prior to the start of the function and finish one hour after the end of the function.
A Tax Invoice for the cost of Security Guards will be provided when the number of guests attending the function has been supplied.
- Make an enquiry with Council’s Venues Department
- Make a tentative booking prior to inspecting the venue. Due to demand, tentative bookings can be held for up to one week only. After which time, bookings are cancelled without notice.
- Visit the venue
- Contact the Venues Department to confirm the booking. At this time an Application for Hire package will be forwarded to the hirer. The hirer must complete and return the form together with the bond within 14 days. Failure to do so may result in the booking being cancelled.