The Malvern Town Hall and Banquet Hall may be hired separately or together and each venue has its own toilet and entrance facilities.
T: 8290 1246
Corner Glenferrie Road and High Street, Malvern
Melway Reference: Map 59 C8
- Fashion Parades
- Dinner Dances
360 people for a dinner dance
550 people for a public meeting or concert (including 147 in the balcony)
Monday – Thursday
July 2018 – June 2019 $2041.00
Friday – Sunday
July 2018 – June 2019 $3140.00
Features and facilities
- Seating and tables are provided for use.
- PA system equipped with two cordless microphones, a five-disk CD player, mini jack media player connectivity, hearing loop, a data projector and large retractable presentation screen
- Commercial kitchen available at no additional charge
- First floor foyer and Balcony seating available at no additional charge
During business hours, there are approx 60 car spaces available at the rear of the Town Hall. After hours, there are approx 70 car spaces available. Please note that these spaces are also available to the general public.
By public transport:
Trams 69 (Glenferrie Rd) and 6 (High St) provide convenient public transport access. Both Armadale and Malvern train stations connect with theses tramlines.
Provision for unloading and loading is available at the rear of the building.
Disabled access is provided via the main entrance to the venue.
- Make an enquiry with Council’s Venues Department
- Make a tentative booking prior to inspecting the venue. Due to demand, tentative bookings can be held for up to one week only. After which time, bookings are cancelled without notice.
- Visit the venue
- Contact the Venues Department to confirm the booking. At this time an Application for Hire package will be forwarded to the hirer. The hirer must complete and return the form together with the bond within 14 days. Failure to do so may result in the booking being cancelled.
Pre Event Meetings
All hirers are required to attend a pre-event meeting with Council's Venues Department to ensure that the correct requirements are provided for the event. Prior to this meeting, the hirer should have made arrangements regarding:
- Insurance Certificate
- Liquor Licence
- Floor plan
- Food Permit
- Catering details
This meeting is held one week prior to the event. Council's Venues Department will arrange the appointment.
It is a Condition of Hire that at least one Security Guard is in attendance at an evening function and/or when alcohol is being served.
At functions where alcohol is to be consumed, the ratio of Guards to Guests will be 1:100. For functions without alcohol, there will be one Guard on duty. Guards commence duty half an hour prior to the start of the function and finish one hour after the end of the function.
A Tax Invoice for the cost of Security Guards will be provided when the number of guests attending the function has been supplied.