Me and UooUoo
Next date: Friday, 05 March 2021 | 12:00 PM
to Tuesday, 30 March 2021 | 11:59 PM
Eleven fabulously decorated UooUoos are hiding in plain sight here in Stonnington, as part of the Royal Children’s Hospital 150th Anniversary Art Trail.
What is a UooUoo? A UooUoo, (pronounced you-you) is an imaginary Australian creature whose shape is loosely drawn from the wombat and dugong, and whose nature is mischievous, mysterious, playful and brave. The UooUoo has been created by award-winning Melbourne artist Alexander Knox, who also created the iconic sculpture ‘Creature’ that stands in the main foyer of the hospital.
To mark this momentous occasion, The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) Melbourne, the RCH Foundation is bringing 100 UooUoo’s, all lovingly painted and decorated by hand by emerging and established Australian artists, to the streets of Melbourne and Geelong, and eleven of them are in our own back yard!
Take part in the trail and see if you can spot our UooUoos around Stonnington!
We've put together this handy map, so you can find them all.
- 'Butterfly Garden' by Nicole Bester at Malvern Public Gardens sponsored by Mullets For The Kids
- 'Chaskell' by Anna Blatman at Greville Street, Prahran
- 'Hiatus' by Caelene D'Arcy at Malvern Square (Stonnington Civic Centre)
- 'Hippocolourmas' by Matthew Clarke at Glenferrie Road, Malvern
- 'Ignem Rubi' by Tristan Bennett at Windsor Plaza (Windsor Station)
- 'Nana' by Joy Chiang at Grattan Gardens (Prahran Community Learning Centre) sponsored by The Big Roast For Cystic Fibrosis
- 'Rejuvenate' by Kari Edwards at High Street, Armadale
- 'Sunflowers' by Lauren Bester at Victoria Gardens, Prahran
- 'You're Not Alone' by Nani Puspasari at Prahran Square
- 'Lucky Lotus' by Olivia Collins at Princes Gardens (Chapel Off Chapel) sponsored by Teska Carson
- 'Woohoo!' by The GLAD Rappers at Prahran Market
These wonderful creatures, each with a different story, combine Victoria’s renowned passion for the arts and culture with a dash of outdoor adventure, while encouraging communities to reconnect with their cities, and be active.
The art trail, running until 21 March 2021 will weave its colour and creativity throughout the Melbourne city centre and the surrounding suburbs of Stonnington and Moonee Valley, along the coastline of Port Phillip Bay, across to Geelong.
So, what are you waiting for, join the UooUoo’s on a colourful outdoor adventure!
Wednesday, 20 January 2021 | 12:00 AM
- Tuesday, 30 March 2021 | 11:59 PM
Prahran Square, Cato Street, Prahran, Prahran 3181 View Map