Join the Library
With a library card, you can access our services and resources across our four libraries and the Stonnington History Centre.
To join, you’ll need a current Victorian address. If you are over 18 and have a current Victorian address, you can Join Online
. We will post your membership card and it may take up to 7 working days to arrive.
Once you receive your card you will be able to access our eLibrary
Fees and Charges
Effective 1 July 2022
Lost / Damaged / Replacement charges:
- Books: Cost of item + $12.90 processing fee
- Audiovisual items: Cost of item + $12.90 processing fee
- Magazine: Cost of item + $3.70 processing fee
- Replacement Single Item - Audio Book CD: $18.70 per CD.
- A/V items requiring repackaging: $9.60 per item
- Item barcode: $4.20
- Membership card: $4.20
- CD Case: $4.20
- Book strap: $4.20
- USB Drive: $8.00
- Headphones: $3.00
- Charges do not apply for reservations.
No more overdue charges
We no longer charge for overdue items at our libraries, but if you lose an item or it is more than 60 days overdue, replacement charges will apply.