Wifi, internet and printing
All libraries have free WiFi and PCs for use by library members. Public computer and internet users must abide by our Public computer and internet Conditions of Use policy.
A Playstation 4 (PS4) is available for games at Prahran Library.
Print, Copy and Scan Services
Self service printing, copying and scanning is available at all branches. Please refer to instructions below or ask our friendly library staff at the desk for help.
Effective 1 September 2020.
Printing is charged per side of page printed on. Example: a double-sided (one sheet) of A4 black and white is 40 cents
Black and White
- A4: 20 cents per page
- A3: 40 cents per page
- A4: $1 per page
- A3: $2 per page
The City of Stonnington is not responsible for any loss or damage occurring from the use of this resource, including accuracy or content of websites.
We cannot reimburse unused credit in cash
Credit on damaged, lost or stolen library cards cannot be transferred to a new card
Library users are responsible for ensuring they comply with copyright law.
All printing must comply with copying regulations, including copyright law and restrictions on some items. (Copyright information is posted near all copiers.)
How to print, copy and scan
At all Stonnington Library branches you can print from a library computer, print from a USB or multimedia card, photocopy and scan documents. Please refer to instructions below or ask our friendly library staff at the desk for help.
Adding credit to your library card
You can add credit with cash (coins only) or EFTPOS, no change is given. Please note, we cannot refund the money loaded onto your card.
- Press the screen to start.
- Scan your library card.
- Follow the prompts on the screen.
- Press Finish to close your transaction.
How to copy
- Scan your card.
- Select Copy and place your document on the copier.
- Select options for copying on the touchscreen panel (default is A4, black and white, double-sided).
- Press the green Start button to copy. The cost will be displayed on the card reader screen.
How to print
Print from a library computer
Click on Print or go to File then Print; this will open the Bear Solutions print window.
Enter your full membership card number at Borrower No. Click OK
Another window will open, which will let you change the default printing settings (eg. to double-sided A4, colour) by ticking or unticking the various options.
Click K and a Document Summary screen will display your printing selections. Click OK to send to the Print Queue or Cancel to delete the print job.
Your account is not charged until you release your print job, so you can send your document/s to the print queue and then add credit to your copy card before printing.
Print from a USB/multimedia card
- Scan your card.
- Select Print from USB.
- Insert your device in the appropriate media slot. Wait a moment and it will display your documents/folders.
- Select your document/s to be printed, press Next.
- You can preview your document by pressing Preview My Document. If OK, close the preview screen. Press Next.
- Select your print options and note the cost in the bottom left. Press Next.
- A summary of your print job will be displayed. Click on the Print option to print your document.
Release your print job
How to release your print job
You will require your library card to release your print job and it will only be printed once released and paid for.
The screen will display the credit balance on your card. You must have enough for the document/s to print; if not, add credit.
At the Print and Document Release Station:
- Scan your card.
- Select Print from PC.
- Select your document/s to be printed, then press Print (to print all documents at once, press the Print All button). Your print jobs will now be printed. Collect your documents from the printer.
- When finished, press Logout to end your session.
Please note: The terminal does not accept devices considered external hard drives (ie. it is not possible to plug an iPhone directly into the Print and Document Release Station via USB).
How to scan
There is no charge to use scanning facilities. To scan and store to USB:
1. On the touchscreen panel, press Store to USB.
2. Insert USB, press Confirm and wait.
3. Select options from the tabs on the screen as required:
- Folder to Save in.
- Advanced Settings.
- Layout Adjustment.
- Filing Options.
4. You can tick the option to preview your scanned document.
5. Press the green Start button to scan your document.
6. Press Save and note the file name created.
7. When finished, press the silver Services Home button and remove your USB.