Centre Based Meals
Like everyone, we have been monitoring the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. The City of Stonnington is working with the Department of Health and Human Services as they work to ensure the health and safety of Victorians.
We support the Victorian Government’s declaration of a four week State of Emergency to assist in slowing the spread of Coronavirus. With this in mind, we have made some changes to our community transport service:
- All non-essential transport programs cancelled until Monday 13 April, with the possibility of this being extended. This includes all Alfresco programs.
- We will be continuing our shopping services, however we will be reducing the number of passengers on each bus, and the length of time travelling to maximize the safety for our passengers. We will adjust the number of shopping services to meet demand at the time.
For up-to-date details, visit our Community information – Coronavirus page. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via the details at the bottom of this page.
Centre Based Meals
The Centre Based Meals program offers nutritious meals in a friendly café-style environment for:
- people aged 55 years or older
- people living independently with a disability
Each meal consists of:
- freshly made soup with bread
- main meal with fresh seasonal vegetables
- juice of your choice
- tea and coffee.
We can also cater to any dietary needs or meal preferences you may have, such as:
- texture modified
- cultural cuisine.
All meals are diabetic friendly.
Chris Gahan Centre (every week day, except Tuesday)
50 Grattan Street
Prahran VIC 3181
Phoenix Park Community Centre – Balcony Kitchen (Monday to Thursday only)
22 Rob Roy Road
Malvern East VIC 3145
Community Transport Services are available to help you get to and from these centres.
Meals are served between 10am – 2.30pm.
Bookings are only required for meals at the Phoenix Park Community Centre. You are welcome to drop in for lunch at the Chris Gahan Centre without a booking.
Bookings are also required if you have any specific dietary needs. If you do need to make a dietary request, please provide 24 hours notice.
To make a booking, request a special dietary meal, or to access Community Transport Services, please contact us:
Office Hours: Monday to Friday between 8.30am – 5pm
Phone: 8290 3224
Email (general enquiries): firstname.lastname@example.org
Email (confidential LGBTI enquiries): email@example.com