Stonnington's Maternal and Child Health is a universal primary health service for families living in the City with children from birth to school age.
Our service is free, easy to access, family focused and committed to providing high quality service. An interpreter service is available and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Maternal and Child Health Services brochure
Download the FlexiBuzz app. This app connects the Maternal and Child Health department directly with parents and carers.
Features of the FlexiBuzz app include:
- Local events and news for young families
- Popular health and development topics
- Upcoming MCH appointments
- MCH centre updates
- Immunisation services
- Local Dads’ Groups
- CPR for parents
- Nutrition and Food groups
- Parent Education Session prompts.
To make an appointment, please contact our Maternal and Child Health Services central booking officer on 8290 3336.
Central Park MCH Centre
116 Burke Road, Malvern East 3145
Tel: 8290 6000
McArthur Street MCH Centre
22 McArthur Street, Malvern 3144
Tel: 8290 1630
Phoenix Park MCH Centre
25 Quentin Road, Malvern East 3145
Tel: 8290 4040
Princes Gardens MCH Centre
22 Little Chapel Street, Prahran 3181
Tel: 8290 7027
Toorak Park MCH Centre
1 / 7 Evergreen Mews, Armadale 3143
Tel: 8290 6020
Child Health and Developmental Assessments at Key Ages and Stages
- Key Ages and Stages: 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 8 weeks, 4 months, 8 months, 12 months, 18 months, 2 years and 3.5 to 4 years.
Enhanced Maternal and Child Health Service
- For families requiring additional support with sleep/settling, parenting concerns, twins/triplets or child with a disability are offered additional visits and/or support by the Outreach and Enhanced Maternal and Child Health nurse.
New Parent Groups
- We offer new-parent group sessions and encourage you to attend as networking with other parents in your area can be a valuable support.
- Playgroups provide parents with the opportunity to meet new people, gain support and exchange parenting ideas, while their children enjoy socialising with others. For more information about Stonnington's playgroups visit local playgroups.
- Dads Domain(PDF, 4MB), written by an experienced relationship counsellor, is for dad’s growing into the new stage of life and fatherhood.