Playgroups and Neighbourhood Houses
Take part in our Smalltalk Playgroup
Are you a parent or carer looking to support or enhance your child's learning and development?
- FREE 10 week playgroup for families with children aged from birth to five years
- get tips to help your child's learning and development
- meet other families with young children in your local area
- fun activities
- free in-home support sessions
To be eligible to take part parents or carers must meet one of the below criteria:
- A family member in the household must hold a valid concession card, such as a Health Care Card, Carers Card or Pension Card ( or visa equivalent for refugees and mirgrants)
- Be a family in which a family member identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Be a family looking after children in kinship care arrangements
- Be a family referred from Child First, Child Protection or Enhanced Maternal and Child Health Services.
Playgroups operate during school terms
- Monday 10am - 12pm at Central Park, 116 Burke road, Malvern East
- Tuesday 10am -12pm at Grattan Gardens Community Centre, Grattan street, Prahran
For more information contact our central bookings on 8290 3336 or email our playgroup leader on
Join a playgroup
To find a playgroup in your area, please refer to our Children-and-Family-Services-Guide-2.pdf(PDF, 2MB) or, to search by your council area, visit Find a Playgroup at Playgroup Victoria.
Start a playgroup
Interested in starting a playgroup? It’s easy - all you need is a couple of friends and a place to meet. For more information visit Start a Playgroup at Playgroup Victoria.
Neighbourhood houses provide a place for people to come together and connect with other residents. They provide a range of services and activities from playgroups to art classes to disability support.
Prahran Community Learning Centre
Prahran Community Learning Centre offers services including daily playgroups, a toy library and E.A.G.L.E.S., a recreation and social respite program for intellectually disabled young people aged 16 to 25 years. Prahran Neighbourhood House also offers youth programs including VCAL.
For further information visit Prahran Community Learning Centre.
Phoenix Park Neighbourhood House
Phoenix Park Neighbourhood House is a not-for-profit community organisation offering a diverse range of activities. It is a safe and welcoming environment that is accessible and affordable for all members of the community.
Bookings are essential for all courses at Phoenix Park. For more information, phone us on 9530 4397, visit Phoenix Park Neighbourhood House or pop in to see us at 22 Rob Roy Road, Malvern East.