Council is proud of its unique initiative to encourage community building and a safe, fun and friendly environment for residents to get to know one another. Stonnington's Street Party program provides an opportunity for residents to come together, build community spirit and promote a greater sense of safety.
Between 1 November and 31 January, street parties can only be held on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
To assist you in organising your street party, Council has collated information to help you to plan a fun and safe street party. This includes:
Street Party Guidelines 2018-19.pdf(PDF, 185KB)
Street Party Application Form 2018-19.pdf(PDF, 182KB)
If your street party is approved, Council will support your party in several ways, including:
- Preparing a Traffic Management Plan for closing your street.
- Informing affected residents about the street closure.
- Notifying emergency services, including Fire, Police, Ambulance.
- Issuing a permit to hold a street party and consume liquor in a public place.
- Organising public liability insurance for your party, on the condition that you abide by the street party conditions.
- Installing barriers and close the street on the day of your party and remove the barriers at the end of the party.
Don’t forget to allow yourself at least four weeks to get approval to hold your event.
Street Party applications close 31st October 2018.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact our Service Centre on 8290 1333.