Statement of Commitment to Cultural Diversity
The City of Stonnington recognises that our community is enriched by many people, from many cultures, living together in harmony and participating in community life.
Council aims to ensure that all residents feel included and have access to services and facilities. Some of our ongoing commitments include:
- Translating information about Council services into community languages and distributing it using culturally appropriate methods.
- Providing interpreters at Council meetings, events and consultations.
- Holding annual events and festivals to celebrate Stonnington's cultural diversity and to promote community harmony.
- Consulting with culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) residents when planning and developing polices, services and programs.
- Providing CALD clubs and groups with opportunities to deliver social support, health promotion and wellbeing programs for their communities through Council's Community Grants and Cultural Diversity Grants programs.
- Delivering cross-cultural awareness training for staff including information about how to effectively use interpreters and translations services.
Cultural Diversity Policy
The Cultural Diversity Policy 2015-2019 guides the development and delivery of our programs for the CALD community.
The policy is updated every four years in consultation with the community and key stakeholders. To find out more, download the following document:
City of Stonnington Cultural Diversity Policy 2015-2019(PDF, 166KB)
For more information on our cultural diversity services, please contact our Cultural Diversity Unit:
Office hours: Monday to Friday between 8.30am – 5pm
Phone: 8290 3224