Off-lead Parks and Reserves
Because our parks and reserves are used by many people for different purposes, dog owners must comply with certain regulations. Failure to do so may result in a substantial fine.
- Some off-lead areas can only be used during designated times, to allow for sports events or other community activities. Dogs are not permitted to run off-lead outside of these times.
- When travelling to and from designated off-lead parks, your dog must be kept on a lead.
- You must carry a lead which can control your dog if it behaves in a manner which threatens any person or animal.
- There are a number of parks and reserves (including Central Park, Ardrie Park and Victoria Gardens) where dogs are only permitted off-lead on the oval. Dogs are not permitted to run off-lead anywhere else and must be kept off the garden beds.
- Pick up after your dog. Bags and bins are supplied at designated areas.
- Dogs are not allowed on sports grounds during sports club and school training and match times, or in children's playground areas.
- Dogs are expected to be under control and non-threatening at all times.
- All footpaths are on-lead areas
Off-lead parks and reserves in the City of Stonnington
Ardrie Park (oval only)
McGregor Street, Malvern East
between Sutherland Road and Armadale Street, Armadale
between Fairbairn Road and Canterbury Road, Toorak
Caroline Street to Ralston Street, South Yarra
Central Park (oval only)
corner of Burke Road and Wattletree Road, Malvern East
Chris Gahan Reserve (6am–9am and 4pm–8pm daily)
Hornby Street, Windsor
Williams Road and Alexandra Avenue, South Yarra
between Dunlop Street and Winton Road, Glen Iris
D.W Lucas Oval
Dunlop Street, Glen Iris
corner Carroll Crescent and Clarke Street, Glen Iris
Lumley Court, Prahran
Malvern Cricket Ground
High Street, Malvern
Milton Gray Reserve (5pm–9am daily)
Wattletree Road, Malvern
Orrong Romanis Reserve
bounded by Orrong Road, Sydney Street and A'Beckett Street, Prahran
Percy Treyvaud Memorial Park
between Quentin Road and Chadstone Road, Malvern East
Peverill Street, Malvern East
bounded by Malvern Road, Essex Street and Little Chapel Street, Prahran
Sir Robert Menzies Reserve
corner Toorak Road and Elizabeth Street, Malvern
Sir Zelman Cowan Park
Glenferrie Road Kooyong
South Yarra Siding
William Street, South Yarra
Stanley Gross Reserve
Winton Road Malvern
Surrey Road South Yarra
Waverley Road, Sydare Avenue and Hyslop Parade, Malvern East
entry from Toorak Road, Milton Parade and Tooronga Road, Malvern
Union Street Reserve (5pm–9am daily)
corner Union Street and Orchard Street, Armadale
Victoria Gardens (sunken oval only)
between High Street and Murray Street, Prahran
Ashleigh Street, Armadale
Waverley Road, Malvern East
Union Street, Windsor