You can help us increase biodiversity in Stonnington by creating a wildlife haven in your backyard. By providing birds and animals with food, nesting, shelter and water, they’ll be drawn to your garden and add a whole range of benefits to both your garden and the wider community.
Support backyard biodiversity
You can help us support backyard biodiversity by:
- planting indigenous plants (local to Melbourne)
- ensuring pet food is not left outside for foxes or Indian Myna birds
- installing a nesting box for a feathery friend
- keeping cats inside and only let dogs off leads in specified areas
- removing weeds
- use natural alternatives to synthetic chemicals in your garden, like worm casting's or compost.
Meet some of our local birds:
Listen out for our frogs:
If you find any injured native wildlife please contact Wildlife Victoria on toll free 1300 094 535 or visit www.wildlifevictoria.org.au/