Urban Forest Strategy
The City of Stonnington's Urban Forest Strategy aims to provide clear direction for the protection, management and planting of trees on public and private land across Stonnington and addresses the key challenges facing Stonnington’s urban forest.
Our vision: The City of Stonnington will have a healthy, resilient, diverse and valued urban forest that will continue to be a core element of the character and liveability of the City. The urban forest will underpin the health and wellbeing of the community, increase biodiversity and environmental outcomes and help strengthen economic activity.
The Urban Forest Strategy will realise its vision through eight key directions:
- Protect and value existing trees
- Support and sustain a health and safe urban forest
- Renew ageing trees
- Grow the urban forest
- Create feature Boulevard plantings
- Create habitat
- Manage the interface between trees and infrastructure
- Increase the cover of alternative green infrastructure
Download the Urban Forest Strategy(PDF, 6MB)
Read more about our Urban Forest Strategy and the benefits of trees and other vegetation in the urban landscape.