Stonnington Middle Years and Youth Services provide services and programs for children and young people 6 to 25 years who live, work and visit the municipality. Services are delivered through two business areas of Council - the Child & Youth Community Well-being Hub and Youth Services which are managed and operate in partnership to ensure an integrated approach to the delivery of services for young people.
Stonnington Youth Services
The Youth Services team provides programs and services to young people 12 - 25 years and is located conveniently just off Chapel Street near the corner of Malvern Road at 22 Little Chapel Street, Prahran.
Stonnington Youth Services delivers:
- non-therapeutic case management for 12-25 year olds
- Drumbeat: therapeutic group drumming in schools
- STEP-UP: transitions from primary to secondary school support program
- FReeZA committee and six associated events per year (inc Battle, GLOW dance, VIVA)
- Expressions Event Series, celebrating diversity in Stonnington
- Hit the Streets Graffiti Education and Prevention Program
- Traffic Signal Boxes: young people mentored by professional artist to paint Chapel St TSBs
- Young Local Leaders Program
- MADD: Music program
- Brickworks: a fitness program for vulnerable young people focusing on a range of socio-emotional outcomes.
Middle Years Services
The Prahran Child and Youth Community Wellbeing Hub (The Hub)
The Prahran Child and Youth Community Wellbeing Hub (The Hub) is located on the Horace Petty Housing Estate in South Yarra.
The Hub provides programs, events and services for young people aged 6-12 years who reside in public housing estates in the South Yarra and Prahran area. This service has a team of dedicated workers who support young people and families to access socio-emotional and recreational activities as well as support services to address barriers impacting on wellbeing and educational engagement.
The Hub delivers:
- Dental Hygiene Program
- Trauma informed Yoga
- Afternoon Drop-In
- Saturday Drop-In
- St Martin’s Theatre program
- Martial Arts program
- Soccer Program
- School Holiday Program
- Walk to School Month
- Children’s Week Party
- Christmas Toyshop
- Monthly Community Barbecues
- Christmas Party
- Non-therapeutic Case Management.
In addition to direct service delivery to young people, Stonnington Middle Years and Youth Services undertake dedicated strategic work including providing consultation and advocacy to the youth sector on issues impacting young people, and provide support to schools and education providers working with young people. The service has a high profile in the community, often taking the lead role in the coordination of partnerships and initiatives to increase wellbeing outcomes for local youth.
Strategic initiatives include:
- Mayor’s Education Breakfast Forums
- Stonnington Youth Network
- Parent Information Sessions
- Youth Mental Health First Aid training
- School Focussed Youth Services (SFYS)
- Stonnington Student Support Fund (SSSF)
- Youth Engagement Partnership (YEP)
- Stonnington Youth Services Website
- Stonnington Youth Services Social Media channels
- Youth Suicide Response Protocol
For more information please contact Stonnington Middle Years and Youth Services on 8290 7020 or firstname.lastname@example.org