Free online program – Women in the workforce
Published on 26 August 2020
A free online support program will support women whose employment and career have been impacted by COVID-19 to improve their confidence and employment prospects and prepare for when the job market improves.
History shows that times of economic downturn have a greater impact on the employment and career prospects of women than men. This program is designed to educate, inform, inspire and support women to re-enter the workforce with tactical and practical advice.
Delivered by experienced mentor, trainer and leader Amanda Blesing, this free seven week program will be provided weekly via Zoom at 7pm every Tuesday night from 8 September until 20 October. Sessions are expected to run for approximately one hour.
Sessions will be interactive with the opportunity to discuss issues and ask questions. The program will be broken into seven weekly themes:
- Navigating your career in turbulent times - from frustrated to unflappable
- Hope and possibility – tactics to remain hopeful despite evidence to the contrary
- CV preparation – to help you win interviews
- Creating a compelling LinkedIn profile to win roles and opportunities
- Confidence versus competence – which is more helpful?
- How to remain visible and network despite working remotely
- How to prepare for a job interview – both face to face and via video
To take part in the session you will need an internet enabled computer, tablet or smartphone, a computer or tablet is preferred to follow and engage with onscreen presentations.
This is a free targeted program for women, but bookings are essential and limited – RSVP here.
To ensure that sessions can remain interactive but controlled, enrolment numbers will be limited to 50 people. The program is open to everyone but preference will be given to people who live or were recently employed at a workplace in Stonnington.
Please call 8290 1439 if you have any questions before booking.