Notice of preparation of amendment
Published on 29 October 2020
Planning and Environment Act 1987
STONNINGTON PLANNING SCHEME
Notice of the Preparation of an Amendment
Stonnington City Council has prepared Amendment C304ston to the Stonnington Planning Scheme.
The Amendment affects land at the following properties:
- 120-134 Kooyong Road, 1002-1012 (even) Malvern Road and 2B Erskine Street, Armadale (HO640)
- 1-63 Toorak Road and South Yarra Station platforms and canopies, South Yarra (HO150)
- 248-250 Toorak Road and 575-593 Chapel Street, South Yarra (HO642)
- 2-18A and 28-30 (even) Palermo Street, South Yarra (HO128)
- 73-95 (odd) Chomley Street and 15-21 (odd) and 34-38 (even) Packington Place, Prahran (HO386)
- 151 Finch Street, Glen Iris (HO643)
- 546 Orrong Road, Armadale (HO644)
- 35 Larnook Street, Prahran (HO645)
The Amendment proposes to apply permanent heritage controls to the abovementioned properties through the application of one new Heritage Overlay precinct, three individual Heritage Overlays and extensions and revisions to four existing precincts. The Amendment also proposes to make subsequent changes to setback requirements within the Activity Centre Zone and deletes properties (on Packington Place) from the Design and Development Overlay and Neighbourhood Character Overlay.
You may inspect the Amendment, any documents that support the Amendment and the explanatory report about the Amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
Any person who may be affected by the Amendment may make a submission to the planning authority. Submissions must be made in writing giving the submitter’s name and contact address, clearly stating the grounds on which the Amendment is supported or opposed and indicating what changes (if any) the submitter wishes to make.
Name and contact details of submitters are required for Council to consider submissions and to notify such persons of the opportunity to attend Council meetings and any public hearing held to consider submissions. In accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987, Council must make available for inspection a copy of any submissions made.
The closing date for submissions is 9 December 2020. A submission must be sent to City Strategy, Stonnington City Council, PO Box 58, Malvern Victoria 3144 or email@example.com
The following proposed panel hearing dates have been set for this Amendment:
- Directions Hearing: week of 12 April 2021
- Panel Hearing: week of 17 May 2021
MANAGER CITY STRATEGY