Disability Parking Permits are changing
Published on 29 March 2021
From 29 March 2021, we will be moving our disability parking permit system to a new online platform - the Accessible Parking Permit (APP) Scheme and new online service.
The new APP Scheme and online service will provide significant improvements in the administration and enforcement of disability parking in the City of Stonnington, freeing up parking bays for the people who really need them.
The new APP Scheme aligns with the national Australian Disability Permit Scheme (ADPS) and provides for a consistent process and permit across Victoria.
Many improvements have been made, including:
- making sure the eligibility criteria for a permit is consistent across the state
- allowing occupational therapists to complete assessments, in addition to GPs
- introducing a permanent disability classification, so many will no longer have to return for reassessment
- increasing the permit length from three years to five years for individuals
- providing temporary permits for 6, 12 or 24 months
- a new single permit design to be used across the state
Individuals and organisations can apply for a new permit, or renew an existing permit, through the easy-to-use online portal at accessibleparking.vic.gov.au
For more information on changes to disability parking visit vicroads.vic.gov.au/app