How do you want your hard waste collected?
Published on 24 June 2021
We know hard waste collections are important to our residents, and are a convenient way to get rid of things that won't fit in our normal waste collection service. They’re also an opportunity to ‘freecycle’ items that other households don’t have use for anymore.
Currently we coordinate two whole-of-Stonnington collections each year, in autumn and spring. Under the current system, households in a specific neighbourhood are given a date range when they can place their items out for collection.
In more recent times, many Melbourne councils have moved to an on-demand service where households can book a collection time that works for them rather than waiting for the next twice-yearly collection date. This on-demand service also gives flexibility for people moving or cleaning out a garage or spare room.
With this in mind, we are reviewing our current hard waste collection service and would like to hear how you would like it delivered.
What are the options?
We’re asking you if you would prefer your hard waste collection:
- Kept as twice-yearly Stonnington-wide collections during autumn and spring
- Moved to a service where households can book two pickups during the calendar year when it suits them
- Moved to a mix of both – one Stonnington wide collection and one booked service for each household when it suits them
- There will still be two hard rubbish collections each year
- The service will continue to be covered by the waste charge collected through your rates (no additional charge)
- Any booking system will be flexible and offer online and over the phone options (if we change to an on-demand service)
Why we’re asking
- To understand our community's preference
- We’ve seen booking systems introduced successfully at other councils across Melbourne and they have the potential to provide residents with flexibility and convenience
- Booked services are shown to reduce the amount of waste that Councils send to landfill
- There’s a potential saving of approximately $200,000 each year from moving to a booked service that could be re-invested elsewhere in our community
How to have your say
Complete our quick online survey before 31 October 2021.
Complete survey here
Importantly, the hard rubbish collection for spring 2021 will continue as normal – households will receive information about this closer to the date. You can also check online for information.